Pasitos de Luz is a registered non-profit charity that provides care for children with disabilities from low income families in the area of Puerto Vallarta and Banderas Bay, Mexico.
We are a lifeline for approximately 130 families, who rely on us to look after their children during the day, with a goal of reaching up to 200 families. Each day we see approximately 70 children. Pasitos de Luz is housed at Casa Connor. The children who come to Casa Connor suffer from often acute physical and/or psychological disabilities, and many are unable to enter the mainstream education system. Furthermore, by providing a safe place for these children during the day, parents are able to go out to work. This income is essential for many families who live on the breadline.
We offer a wide range of services, completely FREE OF CHARGE, including physical therapy, psychological care, nutrition and wellness, education programs and so much more!
We were founded in November 2000 and filled with a lot of enthusiasm and love from Yolanda Sánchez Santiago. Our objective is to help moms who need to work and empower them to learn how to address the disability of their child.
We are not just locally recognized for the quality of our services, but also by the city and state government because of the beneficial impact of our services to families who need them.
Nationally, we are the only Civil Association that provides the following services for free to children with a disability living in extreme poverty and/or who have limited resources:
- Physical therapy, hydrotherapy and general rehabilitation.
- Consultations and access to specialists, doctors and psychologists.
- Special education classes.
- Healthy nutrition, with breakfast and lunch every day.
- Speech therapy.
- Massage therapy.
- Personal care, including physical hygiene, bathing, changing, etc.
- Recreational therapy, including music, singing and dancing.
- Art (our painting workshops are especially popular with the kids!).