Giving Tuesday is the global day of generosity that will, this year, take place on Tuesday November 30th.
Created in 2012, Giving Tuesday is a really simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good and give to their favourite causes. And we all know that doing something for others is a lot easier when you feel good in yourself.
For this reason, our Giving Tuesday campaign for 2021 is all about doing exercise for a good cause; welcome to the 21kChallenge! Run, walk or cycle 21 kilometres (or more!) before November 30th and raise vital funds for our work with disabled kids.
**The 21kChallenge is a fundraising campaign started in Mexico, now into its 2nd year. This is the 1st year that Pasitos de Luz / Casa Connor has taken part! The fundraising site is, for the time being, in Spanish. However, anyone can take part and fundraise wherever they are in the world, just by setting up their own profile. Please email Chris at or send him a WhatsApp via +52 322 137 1890 for help setting up your profile.**
- We are aiming for 100 Runners, Cyclists, Walkers (called ‘Promotores‘ on the website) to join Team Pasitos de Luz and Casa Connor.
- We are suggesting a fundraising target of $2,000 MXN (roughly $95 USD or $122 CAD) per participant.
- Combined, this will help us raise $200,000 MXN ($9,500 USD or $12,200 CAD), which will make a huge difference at Casa Connor, as we continue to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
How can I take part?
It takes less than 5 minutes to join Team Pasitos de Luz and Casa Connor!
- Visit the 21kChallenge website.
- Fill in your details and upload your two photos (the first photo is your profile image and the second is your page banner).
- Decide what your challenge will consist of… running 21k, cycling 21k, walking 21k, or doing several sessions and hitting your target.
- Write an inspirational message to your supporters, explaining your cause and your challenge.
- Select ‘Pasitos de Luz’ as your team (Equipo) from the dropdown and click ‘Crear‘ (‘Create’).
- Share your page link with your friends, family and work colleagues. They will donate directly to YOUR page, using either their credit/debit card or by PayPal. The donation amounts on your page are in Mexican pesos (you can get accurate exchange rates at www.xe.com.
- Start fundraising!
Thank you for all your efforts and for helping to change lives.
A big THANK YOU to all the participating gyms in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit!